Thursday, May 5, 2022

 

WHAT IS A COLLABORATIVE TEACHERS' COMMUNITY? 

I will start this entry by giving a formal definition: A collaborative community is an environment that fosters working together to solve problems, prioritizes open communication, and gives individuals many opportunities to both learn from and teach others.
My own definition of community is based on my former experience as an English teacher in Escuelas Normales where I was granted the opportunity to be part of a group of committed and extraordinary practitioners. In the English Academy, I not only found the best counseling and guidance, but I also made great friends who inspired and motivated me to keep learning. Therefore, I define a collaborative community as a group of colleagues who share a common interest, who are passionate about their profession, and who acknowledge the outstanding value of being generous and working together for a common goal.



The value of collaborative online communities


Technology enables educators to meet remotely and share experiences

The pandemic compelled teachers all over the globe to steer the wheel completely. But it also provided educators with technological tools to teach in new and creative ways,  reach their students and fellow colleagues, and keep updated through online workshops and webinars. Hence, I strongly believe that this space would give us, as a new community, the chance to share ideas and useful recommendations as well as means to post your questions and doubts about any topic of your interest.



I am thrilled to welcome YOU to this blog.🤗🤗 Please feel free to share your comments and questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

E- that stands for Early Finishers

  Students progress at their own speeds , and that's perfectly fine! But how can we engage a student who completes tasks ahead of schedu...