Thursday, November 17, 2022

E- stands for EXIT TICKETS

 It's been a while since I wrote my last entry in this blog, but today I found inspiration as I started working with my new online students. I've been exploring the digital resources from the provided LMS we are currently working with. I found out that all the assessment materials come in a PDF format which means that in order to assess your students, the quizzes or tests should be shared online, and then printed by the learners, another drawback I found was the listening. The teacher must play the recordings while the learners take the quiz and sometimes they experience problems with the audio making the tasks frustrating. To solve this issue, I devised a good solution using Google forms. These questionnaires are part of the G suite and are perfect to create online surveys and quizzes as they have valuable features that allow you to upload audio and videos. By doing so, I also came out with the idea of using this amazing tool to create exit tickets. An exit ticket or "ticket to leave" can serve a number of purposes: 

1. to provide feedback to the teacher about the class  

2. to require the student to do some synthesis of the day's content 

3. to challenge the students with a question requiring some application of what was learned in the lesson

Here is the link to a sample exit ticket in Google form. Feel free to make a copy and customize it as you please.


source: https://www.brown.edu/sheridan/teaching-learning-resources/teaching-resources/course-design/classroom-assessment 


No comments:

Post a Comment

E- that stands for Early Finishers

  Students progress at their own speeds , and that's perfectly fine! But how can we engage a student who completes tasks ahead of schedu...